Welcome to Bonduel, Wisconsin
The Village of Bonduel is a full service community with a population of approximately 1,500. It is located in Shawano County, just off of State Hwy 29. Bonduel is located between Shawano to the west and Green Bay to the east. Residents of Bonduel enjoy the benefits of small town living and the conveniences that result from easy access to larger cities.
Bonduel is a growing community that prides itself in its small town atmosphere and personal service. Our goal in creating this website is to allow you to learn more about what our city has to offer and to provide useful information to both the Village of Bonduel residents and to those who want to learn more about our community.
**NEW** Bonduel Dog Park
The Village of Bonduel is excited to announce that construction is underway for a dog park located behind the pond in Cedar Park. There will be fenced in areas for small and large dogs to be off leash. For updates and announcements, follow Friends of the Bonduel Dog Park on Facebook.
0% Interest Home Repair Loans Available
The Village of Bonduel has a Community Development Block Grant for Housing Rehabilitation. The funds are loaned at 0% interest to eligible households for home repairs.
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis. The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs: Handicap Accessibility, Electrical Upgrades, Replace Windows & Doors, Connect Water & Sewer Lines, Roofing, Painting, Siding, Porch Repairs, Other General Improvements, Repair/Replace Heating Systems, Water Heaters & Plumbing Systems. See our flyer for more information.
If interested, applications are available at Village Hall or by contacting Kari Justmann at the MSA Housing Program Office at 1-800-552-6330. All information submitted is kept strictly confidential. Funds are limited so apply now!!
Water Utility Disconnection
The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSC) has made a decision to allow utilities to proceed with disconnecting past due customers after the weather moratorium ends on April 15, 2021. We encourage our past due customers to bring your account current to avoid disconnection after April 15th. You may be eligible to set up a DPA (deferred payment agreement) to help in spreading your payments out in installments after making a down payment. Customers with concerns should contact us as soon as possible to discuss your account. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Bonduel Community Garden
Garden Plots Available for this Season!
The Village is excited to announce the Bonduel Community Garden for Summer of 2021. Any interested gardeners can pick up an application form at Village Hall or print one from this link.
Community Garden Located on South Street next to Well #3
Community Garden open to Village Residents and surrounding townships. Applications are due by April 30th to assign garden plots.
For more information on Garden and Plots, call Garden Committee Chair, Jeff Simon, at 920-621-9803.
Advanced Disposal has changed to GFL Environment
What does this mean for the Village as the customer? Short answer is nothing, the cans, dumpsters and trucks will still display Advance Disposal. There have been a few shortcomings with the changeover but believe we have rectified these issues. We now anticipate smooth collections and service from here forward.
As a reminder here are a few tips:
1. Cans must be out by 6:00am on Mondays for collection. Placing the carts by the street for pickup on Sunday evening is suggested.
2. Carts should be positioned as close as possible to the street with the handles and wheels facing away from street.
3. Please keep 6 feet of clearance between carts and other objects.
4. Large items that do not fit in the cart can be taken to the recycle center on Saturdays.
5. The trash pickup is billed on the water bill, which is a flat fee for all residents. Meaning if you fill each and every cart weekly or only use it once a month the fee is the same. This fee is not optional.
6. Small items that can be put into the carts but brought to the recycle center is paid for twice. Once on the monthly bill and once when the recycle center container is emptied. Usage of the residential carts is highly recommended and encouraged.
Any comments, concerns or questions can be sent to the Director of Municipalities 715-758-8779.
2021 Village Budget
The Village property tax bill you receive each year, is based on the total assessment of your property. The assessment is a value assigned by the Village Assessor, and is based on similar houses throughout the Village. When the overall values of properties fall out of compliance, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue require municipalities to perform a revaluation of all properties. A revaluation means that the Village Assessor will physically visit and revaluate all properties in the Village. The Village of Bonduel will be performing a complete revaluation of all properties in the Village. The last revaluation was done in 2011.
The Village of Bonduel has contracted with Assessor, Mr. David Schmidt, to update all assessment records in the Village. Beginning in August, Mr. Schmidt will start visiting properties to perform interior/exterior inspections. This revaluation process will take several months to complete with inspections continuing into 2021. The Assessor may also be taking pictures of your property from the street for Village property records. Mr. Schmidt will be reaching out to all property owners to schedule an appointment to do an inspection.
Thank You for your cooperation with the revaluation.
The Village of Bonduel roads are officially open to ATV/UTV use, except for State Hwy 117. Country Road BE is now open to ATV/UTV use. Please note this only applies to ATV/UTV's, dirt bikes and other similar motorized vehicles are not allowed. The following are conditions of the use of these routes, and apply to all operators and passengers:
(1) All ATV operators shall slow the vehicle to ten mph or less when operating within 150 feet of a dwelling.
(2) No person shall operate an ATV anywhere within the village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. With the exception of snow removal operations.
(3) All ATV/UTV operators on routes shall observe posted roadway speed limits; not to exceed 35 MPH.
(4) All ATV/UTV operators shall ride single file.
(5) Operators of ATV/UTV shall observe all laws of this state pertaining to the use of an ATV/UTV.
(6) The Village of Bonduel accepts no liability for the operation of ATV/UTVs on any village roads, alleyways and/or transportation marked corridors under the provisions of this ordinance and also that ATV/UTV operators must remain on an approved and marked trail or route.
(7) All operators are required to have a valid driver's license. Operators' under the age of 16 are required to complete an approved ATV/UTV safety course and carry a safety certificate with them while riding on public roads.
Click here for the full Village Ordinance.
Recently Updated Ordinance
The Municipal Code on this site does not reflect the most up to date changes adopted by the Village. Below are the recently updated ordinances.
|2021-01 Installing & Tapping Mains||2021-02 Temporary Class B Licenses|
2020 Consumer Confidence Report Posted
For copy of Water Quality Report, call 715-758-2402 or visit www.villageofbonduel.com/docs/publicworks/2020CCR.pdf
Homeowners Insurance Coverage for Fire Dept. Services
Responding to a major structure fire entails significant costs - trucks, equipment, materials and firefighters' labor to name a few. After a fire, local fire departments send bills for their services to the homeowner to recoup these costs. MOST INSURANCE COMPANIES PROVIDE NO MORE THAN $500 OF COVERAGE FOR A FIRE DEPARTMENT BILL. Call your insurance agent to confirm whether or not your homeowner's policy provides coverage for a fire department bill and to learn what level of coverage is available. The additional premium to add this coverage to your policy is minimal & will reduce the strain on your finances and the anxiety to you & your family after suffering an unforeseen catastrophe.
The Village of Bonduel is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
5 Special Fire Commission Meeting
6:00 p.m. at the Fire Station
12 Plan Commission Meeting
6:00 p.m. at Village Hall
14 Village Board Meeting
6:00 p.m. at Village Hall
15 Fire Commission Meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Fire Station
Village Hall Hours
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Annual Financial Report
Bonduel Comprehensive Plan
Bonduel Municipal Code
Bonduel School District
State of Wisconsin
Shawano Chamber of Commerce
Shawano-Bonduel Municipal Court
Village of Cecil
Village of Bonduel Map