Welcome to Bonduel, Wisconsin
The Village of Bonduel is a full service community with a population of approximately 1,500. It is located in Shawano County, just off of State Hwy 29. Bonduel is located between Shawano to the west and Green Bay to the east. Residents of Bonduel enjoy the benefits of small town living and the conveniences that result from easy access to larger cities.
Bonduel is a growing community that prides itself in its small town atmosphere and personal service. Our goal in creating this website is to allow you to learn more about what our city has to offer and to provide useful information to both the Village of Bonduel residents and to those who want to learn more about our community.
Applications for Poll Workers
APPLICATIONS FOR ELECTION DAY POLL WORKERS
AND HIGH SCHOOL WORKERS NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
Applications for Poll Workers are now being taken by the Village of Bonduel. Anyone interested in applying, can stop by Village Hall at 117 W. Green Bay Street, to sign up and complete a brief application.
Become involved in the Election Process by becoming an Election Day Poll Worker!
- Poll Workers are appointed for a two-year term, 2022-2023.
- All Poll Worker training provided by the Village.
- Workers are compensated for all hours worked on Election Days.
- Morning and Afternoon shifts available on Election Day
- Lunch or Supper are provided during shifts on Election Day.
Poll Worker Qualifications:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 18 Years Old (except high school student poll workers).
- Be able to read and write fluently in the English Language.
- Reside in the County where the polling place is located.
For More Information or Questions: Contact the Village of Bonduel at 715-758-2402.
No person shall park any vehicle on any Village street or alley or in any Village parking lot between 2:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from November 15th to April 15th. Village Ordinance Sec 28-7(b).
Snow and Ice Removal
Property owners are reminded to clear entire sidewalk of snow and ice within 24 hours after any given snowfall. Failure to keep sidewalks clear of ice and snow may subject the property owner to fines and charges for removal.
In addition, property owners are reminded not to plow or blow snow from premises onto Village streets, alleys, sidewalks or public places. The Village will remove snow deposited and bill the property owner for the cost of such removal. Village Ordinance Sec. 26-5 and WI Stats. §66.0627.
2022 Ganschow Street Reconstruction
Ganschow Street has been identified in the Village's 10-Year Capital Improvement Plan to be reconstructed in 2022. For more information on project, contact Jesse Rankin, Director of Municipal Operations, at 715-758-8779.
**NEW** Bonduel Dog Park
The Village of Bonduel is excited to announce that construction is underway for a dog park located behind the pond in Cedar Park. There will be fenced in areas for small and large dogs to be off leash. For updates and announcements, follow Friends of the Bonduel Dog Park on Facebook.
0% Interest Home Repair Loans Available
The Village of Bonduel has a Community Development Block Grant for Housing Rehabilitation. The funds are loaned at 0% interest to eligible households for home repairs.
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis. The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs: Handicap Accessibility, Electrical Upgrades, Replace Windows & Doors, Connect Water & Sewer Lines, Roofing, Painting, Siding, Porch Repairs, Other General Improvements, Repair/Replace Heating Systems, Water Heaters & Plumbing Systems. See our flyer for more information.
If interested, applications are available at Village Hall or by contacting Kari Justmann at the MSA Housing Program Office at 1-800-552-6330. All information submitted is kept strictly confidential. Funds are limited so apply now!!
2022 Village Budget
The Village of Bonduel roads are officially open to ATV/UTV use, except for State Hwy 117. Country Road BE is now open to ATV/UTV use. Please note this only applies to ATV/UTV's, dirt bikes and other similar motorized vehicles are not allowed. The following are conditions of the use of these routes, and apply to all operators and passengers:
(1) All ATV operators shall slow the vehicle to ten mph or less when operating within 150 feet of a dwelling.
(2) No person shall operate an ATV anywhere within the village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. With the exception of snow removal operations.
(3) All ATV/UTV operators on routes shall observe posted roadway speed limits; not to exceed 35 MPH.
(4) All ATV/UTV operators shall ride single file.
(5) Operators of ATV/UTV shall observe all laws of this state pertaining to the use of an ATV/UTV.
(6) The Village of Bonduel accepts no liability for the operation of ATV/UTVs on any village roads, alleyways and/or transportation marked corridors under the provisions of this ordinance and also that ATV/UTV operators must remain on an approved and marked trail or route.
(7) All operators are required to have a valid driver's license. Operators' under the age of 16 are required to complete an approved ATV/UTV safety course and carry a safety certificate with them while riding on public roads.
Click here for the full Village Ordinance.
Recently Updated Ordinance
The Municipal Code on this site does not reflect the most up to date changes adopted by the Village. Below are the recently updated ordinances.
2020 Consumer Confidence Report Posted
For copy of Water Quality Report, call 715-758-2402 or visit www.villageofbonduel.com/docs/publicworks/2020CCR.pdf
Homeowners Insurance Coverage for Fire Dept. Services
Responding to a major structure fire entails significant costs - trucks, equipment, materials and firefighters' labor to name a few. After a fire, local fire departments send bills for their services to the homeowner to recoup these costs. MOST INSURANCE COMPANIES PROVIDE NO MORE THAN $500 OF COVERAGE FOR A FIRE DEPARTMENT BILL. Call your insurance agent to confirm whether or not your homeowner's policy provides coverage for a fire department bill and to learn what level of coverage is available. The additional premium to add this coverage to your policy is minimal & will reduce the strain on your finances and the anxiety to you & your family after suffering an unforeseen catastrophe.
The Village of Bonduel is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
2 Special Village Board Meeting
5:00 p.m. at Village Hall
8 Village Board Meeting
6:00 p.m. at Village Hall
Village Hall Hours
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Annual Financial Report
Bonduel Comprehensive Plan
Bonduel Municipal Code
Bonduel School District
State of Wisconsin
Shawano Chamber of Commerce
Shawano-Bonduel Municipal Court
Village of Cecil
Village of Bonduel Map